Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 0.5 (evening of October 26, 2010)

Preface: I was prescribed Welbutrin and the nicotine patch by my PCP. I've been on Welbutrin for 7 days. I mistakenly took an extra pill on Monday night and had a night of delusions and paranoia. Otherwise, no side effects to the drug. The delusions and paranoia weren't that bad because I was aware of why they were happening.



 
 I smoked my last cigarette while reading in bed (I know, classy, and not dangerous at all), A Song of Ice and Fire: A Storm of Swords (George RR Martin), approximately 10:30pm. I want to remember the exact part of the book I was reading when smoking the last tobacco goodness. It was right when Tyrion (a disfigured midget, royalty) has to tell Shea (a whore, not royalty) that he can’t be with her anymore and Jaime, Brienne and Ser Cleos just woke up and are continuing their journey to King's Landing on horseback. 


I then threw away my pretty green and blue 1950s style ashtray (this one was my "bedroom only" one) that I bought at a thrift store back in 1993. It's made it with me through college and every move I've ever made. [In preparation for Quitting Day, last week I gave my Papap's ashtray that I inherited to my brother. This was always one of my prized possessions. I hope my brother takes good care of it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment