Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 4 (October 30)

Oh boy. Well, today I woke up not wanting a cigarette but wanting to put a new patch on so I guess that's progress, right? Now that I'm sitting at the laptop, I kind of want one but I don't think I'm sad about it like yesterday.

Yesterday evening, when I was still sad I made the mistake of watching The Lovely Bones. Am I the only ding dong who didn't know it was a sad movie? I thought it was a thriller! Damn you, Marky Mark, damn you! Thankfully, this movie wasn't very historically accurate. It took place in the early '70s when EVERYONE smoked. Only one character in the movie smoked, which was good for the likes of me but accurate? Fuck, no. Think about a movie like The Exorcist. Everyone smoked all the time because that's what people did back then. I'm surprised Regan didn't smoke.

I'm seeing my mom today and I hope that doesn't make this crap more difficult, since she smokes. A lot. Since I'm doing this though, she's talking about quitting now too and that's actually more important to me than me quitting myself!

I'm SOO excited for Halloween go outs tonight. One issue I have though is that it's kind of stupid for a demon fairy (my costume) to not smoke. Sure I kill other fairies and drain the souls and/or life of humans but smoke?? *gasp* No way! That's bad for you! Thankfully, I know everyone, especially Rick, will be there for me. I'm lucky to have such great and understanding friends and family. I know even the ones who still smoke will be supportive and that's pretty awesome.

I can't believe it's only been 4 days. It feels like 400. WTF.

2 comments:

  1. Dear smokeless,
    One recurring theme on your awesome blog is that you think smoking creates a (or your) character. Think of this way... typically kids pick their noses, but not all kids pick their noses. Young kids often don't wipe their butts properly and itch their butt cracks all day, but fortunately not all of them do this. Many Europeans don't bathe as often as Americans, but they don't all smell. Many British people have unfortunate teeth, but not all of them.
    A bad/disgusting habit doesn't make a person, it's just something that we often relate to a group of people. You will still be you, just healthier and wealthier!
    Keep on keepin on!
    Hil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...what Hilary said! I'm so proud of you! Let's have a parade for you when you get to a month of no smoking. We'll just get a few friends to drive their cars really slow down Washington Ave...we'll whip candy at people and shout "WooooHoooo Monica!" with megaphones!

    ReplyDelete