Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 6 (November 1)

OK made it through the weekend without smoking! Spent Halloween in the South Side and partly because of my great friends and partly because I'm awesome, I didn't smoke. There were a lot people smoking in my vicinity because, surprisingly, a lot of bars still allow it. I wasn't even angry at the people I saw smoking. It may be getting easier overall. I do miss it and I'm still pretty crabby but maybe that's not even related to the smoking. Maybe I'm just a crabass today.

Phase 1 of the New Dawn of Monica started last June with losing weight. Phase 2 is quitting smoking. This Phase 2 will spark other changes and I want the end result to be to appreciate myself, my family and my friends more. I want nothing negative in my life. Nothing. I don't want to second guess any gut decisions I make regarding my happiness. If quitting smoking is going to increase my life expectancy then I should probably figure out a way to make the rest of my life even better than it would have been as a smoker. 

Day 7 is tomorrow. That's one whole fucking week of not smoking. I honestly didn't think I could do it. Holy moly.

Look at dis fukkin dog
 

No comments:

Post a Comment